The Botswana National Development Bank was established in 1963 (By the Botswana Government) to provide much needed financing for projects that help in the development of Botswana and the people living in it.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE: HOW TO GET LOAN (Part 2: Overview)
Everybody knows that the National Development Bank of Botswana has money to loan out to people. The toughest hurdle facing entrepreneurs is to convince them to give you some of it in the form of a loan. If you are wanting to get a loan for a special project then we suggest that you read the following article before reading the rest of this page – Step by Step Guide: How to get a loan from the NDB of Botswana.
MISSION & VISION
The Botswana National Development Bank was established by the Botswana Government to provide professional Banking Services with a personal touch. Since we understand the local Botswana conditions better than commercial banks we can provide better quality services that are tailor made for local requirements and conditions.
Our Mission is to provide innovative financial products and services which promote the development of Botswana Citizens and the diversity of the economy of Botswana.
Our Vision is to become your No 1 financial services partner by understanding your requirements, delivering on our promises and exceeding your expectations.
BOTSWANA NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK – PRODUCTS, SERVICES & LOANS
Through a diverse range loans the National Development Bank of Botswana provides assistance for Citizens, Permanent Residents and Locally Registered Companies. Their products (Loans) fall into the following broad categories:
- Business: Business Loans are available for Botswana Citizens and Locally Registered Companies. Loan amounts can be between P 10 000 to P 60 million. Loans can be used to: Fund Large Orders / Purchase Assets / Business Expansion / Finance Tenders.
- Agriculture: Agriculture Loans are available for Botswana Citizens. They can be use for: Seasonal Requirements / Purchase of Livestock / Purchase of Farming Implements / Finance Farm Development.
- Property: Property (Home / House) Loans are available for Botswana Citizens (see Business Loans for Commercial Property). Loan amounts are between P 50 000 to P 2 million. They can be used for: Outright Purchase of a New Home / Construction of a New Home / Purchase of a Plot / Improvements to an Existing Home.
- Human Capital Development: Human Capital Development Loans are available for Botswana Citizens, Permanent Residents and in some cases for Locally Registered Companies for the education and training of Batswana Employees. (Education). Loan amounts are between P 10 000 to P 100 000. They can be used for: School Fees / Tertiary Education at local or international Educational Institutions.
BOTSWANA NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK – MAIN AIM
The main aim of the National Development Bank of Botswana is to encourage the development of long term, sustainable projects that protect and generate resources for future generations. They are therefore more likely to approve loans for projects that:
- Create Employment
- Add Value to local raw materials
- are Export Oriented
- substitute for Imported Goods
- Transfer Skills and Technologies to Botswana Citizens
BOTSWANA NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK – GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Even though the National Development Bank is 100% owned by the Botswana Government – it does not provide subsidized interest rates on loans. It operates as a purely commercial venture and needs to compete with other financial institutions in order to survive.
The Botswana National Development Bank does however understand the local conditions and requirements. This enables them to offer financial services that are specially made to allow it to pursue it’s mission and make a real difference to the development of a sustainable, diverse economy in Botswana.
CONTACT DETAILS AND DOWNLOADS
We can be contacted through our branches in:
- Francistown ( Tel: 267 241 6044 / Fax: 267 241 6065 )
- Gaborone ( Tel: 267 395 2801 / Fax: 267 397 4446 )
- Maun ( Tel: 267 686 0316 / Fax: 267 686 0645 )
- Palapye ( Tel: 267 492 0552 / Fax: 267 492 0551)
To find out more about other Financial Assistance resources available – Click here